The UWM Alumni Association (UWMAA) dates back to 1904, when alumni of the university’s initial predecessor, the Milwaukee Normal School, began holding regular meetings. Our organization was incorporated in November 1965 and went dues-free on July 1, 2005.
Our members now include all graduates of UWM and its predecessor institutions:
- Milwaukee Normal School (1885-1927)
- UW Extension-Milwaukee Division (1920-1956)
- Milwaukee State Teachers College (1927-1951)
- Wisconsin State College, Milwaukee (1951-1956)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (1956-present)
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Alumni Association, a partner in leading the University to excel as a premier education and research institution.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Alumni Association mission is to advance the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee by engaging and nurturing lifelong relationships with the UWM community.