Accounts Receivable Office
3203 N. Downer Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
3203 N. Downer Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Bursar Office - Installment Payment Plan FAQs
1. Q. I have signed a University Credit Agreement
previously. Do I need to sign a new one?
A. If you have not signed the online University Credit Agreement through your PAWS account, you must do so before you will be allowed to register for classes. The University Credit Agreement includes not only the terms of the new Installment Payment Plan but includes the terms for extension of credit for all financial obligations on your Student Financials (PAWS) account and the consequences of failure to meet these terms.
2. Q. Will I
need to sign a credit agreement every semester?
A. Once your credit agreement is accepted and you remain in good standing, you will be eligible for the plan every fall & spring semester. You will only need to sign the electronic version of the credit agreement once unless the terms of the agreement change.
3. Q. Do I need to have a co-signer on the agreement?
A. No, you do not need a co-signer.
4. Q. If I sign
the credit agreement, do I have to pay on the Installment Payment Plan?
A. The choice is yours. You may pay your full assessment or the minimum payment requirement to utilize the installment plan.. You will only be placed on the Installment Payment Plan if your balance is not paid in full by the published Fee Due Date.
5. Q. When is my
down payment due?
A. Your minimum payment is due by the published Fee Due Date each semester. Failure to pay by that date could result in late fees, holds, and finance charges.
6. Q. Should I sign up now for the credit agreement even if I don’t intend to use the Installment Payment Plan this semester?
A. Yes, this agreement covers the extension of credit for all financial obligations, not just the Installment Payment Plan.
7. Q. What
charges are eligible for the Installment Payment Plan?
A. Current semester tuition & fees, room charges, and meal plan charges. FLEX tuition charges are not eligible for the Installment Payment Plan.
8. Q. What
charges are not eligible?
A. Study Abroad, Executive MBA fees and balances less than or equal to $200.00 are not eligible for the plan. Kenilworth rent and miscellaneous charges for loft rental, key replacements, parking, etc. charged by Housing are not eligible for the plan. FLEX tuition charges are not eligible for the Installment Payment Plan.
9. Q. When will
my eligible, unpaid charges be placed on the Installment Payment Plan?
A. Within a few days after the published Fee Due Date, all eligible, unpaid tuition & fees, room, and meal plan charges will be transferred to the Installment Payment Plan.
10. Q. When are my installments due?
A. Your PAWS account shows the exact dates your installments are due.
11. Q. Will I be assessed a fee for using the Installment Payment Plan?
A. Yes. An Installment Payment Plan Administrative Fee is assessed after the second week of classes equal to 1% of the unpaid balance on the plan at that time.
12. Q. Will the Installment Payment Plan Administrative Fee change if my tuition & fees or housing or meal plan charges increase or decrease?
A. No. Once the fee is assessed it will not change even if your charges increase or decrease.
13. Q. Will I be assessed finance charges in addition to the Installment Payment Plan Administrative Fee?
A. As long as you pay each installment in full by the due date no additional finance charges will be assessed. Installment charges not paid by the due date are subject to finance charges assessed at the rate of 1% per month.
14. Q. If I pay my balance off early, can I get my Installment Payment Plan Administrative Fee reduced?
A. No, the fee is not refundable.
15. I am going to apply for financial aid. Can I still use the Installment Payment Plan?
A. Yes, if the amount of financial aid offered to you in one semester is less than your fee assessment and housing/ meal plan charges.
16. Q. How does the Installment Payment Plan show up on my account?
A. Your current semester tuition & fee charges and room and meal plan charges will show a Payment Plan Credit applied to them with a balance due of zero. Three charges will post to your account. The Installment Payment Plan Administrative Fee appears under Administrative Fees for the current semester. Two Tuition & Housing Installment charges appear under Payment Plan for the current semester.
17. Q. What happens if my fees increase or decrease after being put on the Installment Payment Plan? Will it change the amounts due and when these are due?
A. It depends on when the increase or decrease happens. Both installments might get adjusted or just the last installment may adjust. After the final installment is due, Increases in amounts owed may not get transferred to the Installment Payment Plan.
18. Q. Will I receive a bill from the University telling me what I owe?
A. Invoices and monthly billing statements are not mailed to currently registered students. You can view your online Statement of Account at any time by selecting the View Billing Statement link on you PAWS Student Center page.
19. Q. When will this statement be available?
A. The online statement can be produced on demand at any time and displays the most up-to-date information available on your account.
20. Q. I have additional questions that have not been answered here. Who should I talk to?
A. Direct financial aid questions to the Financial Aid Office (414) 229-4541. Direct Installment Payment Plan questions to the Accounts Receivable Office (414) 229-4914.