Online Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Resource Planning
There has been a rapid increase in the number of organizations looking for professionals with Enterprise Resource Planning skills. The online Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Resource Planning is designed to provide the ERP expertise individuals need to meet this demand, and to successfully pursue or advance careers in all types of corporations. The curriculum is designed to provide students with the ability to:
- Understand ERP concepts.
- Develop mobile ERP applications.
- Conduct business cycles using the ERP simulation game.
- Demonstrate the ability to configure ERP processes.
- Conduct analysis using business intelligence tools.
- Five graduate courses (15 credits) can be completed online in less than one year at a total cost of $12,500 plus textbooks.
- Hands-on experience with SAP HANA utilizing UWM's SAP HANA appliance.
- SAP Mobile App development taught by UWM faculty who authored the leading SAP Press book on the topic.
- Knowledge about SAP in the cloud via UWM's state-of-the-art IBM hardware that delivers hosting services in a cloud-like environment to 135 SAP University Alliance Schools.
- Faculty with extensive SAP teaching experience at one of only five SAP University Competence Centers in the world.
- TERP10 certification preparation included in the cuurriculum. The exam is taken at your nearest center worldwide.
Curriculum & Format
Available in a completely online format, the program can be completed in 12 months from the convenience of your home or office. Students must complete 15 graduate credit hours with an overall GPA of 3.00 or better. The curriculum consists of the following five required courses, which are taken in sequence beginning each fall semster:
- Bus Adm 811 Process and Work-Flow Management. 3 cr.
- Bus Adm 816 Business Intelligence Technologies & Solutions. 3 cr.
- Bus Mgmt 732 Enterprise Resource Planning. 3 cr
- Bus Mgmt 733 Enterprise Simulation Game. 3 cr.
- Bus Mgmt 734 Enterprise Resource Planning Certification. 3 cr.
The course sequence to complete the certificate in 12 months is as follows:
Fall: Bus Mgmt 732 & Bus Adm 816
Spring: Bus Mgmt 733 & Bus Adm 811
Summer Bus Mgmt 734
Course DescriptionsBus Adm 811 Process and Work-Flow Management
Business process modeling and design, process optimization, inter/intra organization process integration, process re-engineering and continuous process improvement, process execution and process implementation using ERP.
Bus Adm 816 Business Intelligence Technologies & Solutions
Development of business intelligence (BI) solutions using data warehousing and data mining technologies. use of SAP BW tool for implementing BI solutions.
Bus Mgmt 732 Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise Resource Planning concepts, fundamental business processes, interaction of various functional areas, development tools for the implementation of web-based ERP applications.
Bus Mgmt 733 Enterprise Simulation Game
Use ERP simulation game, develop understanding of ERP concepts, experience benefits of ERP, develop technical skills using ERP software.
Bus Mgmt 734 Enterprise Resource Planning Certification. 3 cr.
Understand interdependencies and integration of key business processes and power of technology-enabled ERP system to increase productivity and improve business performance. Includes TERP 10 certification exam preparation.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition is $2,500 per course, or a total of $12,500 to complete the five course certificate. Tuition includes access to all required software. Cost of textbooks is not included. Students enrolled in two course in a term may be eligible in the form of loans. Contact the Department of Financial Aid for information. Wisconsin residency is not required.
Students who are currently enrolled in the Lubar School's MS in Management-Information Technology Management program are automatically eligible to earn a Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Resource Planning.
Prospective students who are not enrolled in the masters program, but wish to enroll in the Certificate program must, at a minimum, have completed a bachelor's degree with an overall GPA of a 2.75 or better. Prospective students apply for admission as a Non-Degree Candidate by August 1. There is a $15.00 processing fee. Admission to the Certificate Program requires transcripts before the application can be processed. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Graduate School, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, P.O. Box 340, Milwaukee, WI 53201, from the institution. The Graduate School needs only the transcript of the highest degree earned. The application is online www.apply.wisconsin.edu
For more information regarding the application process please email Kathy Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-229-2570.
Lubar School of Business: A Leader in Information Technology Management
Technology plays a central role at the Lubar School of Business, where academic programs incorporate the latest computing and information technology and ITM faculty are leaders in their fields. The Lubar School serves as an SAP Competence Center - one of only two in North America and five worldwide - and is proud to list technology giants SAP and IBM among its educational partners. The School's Center for Technology Innovation (CTI) sponsors monthly technology seminars throughout the academic year and has participated in and has hosted national and international technology conferences.