Continuing Education Plankinton Building
Phone: (414) 227-3123
Fax: (414) 227-3134
- B.A., Journalism, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Julie is responsible for managing the marketing and communications for her department and has been with the College of Health Sciences since 2013.
Before working at UWM, Julie developed an in-depth understanding of marketing and communications through six years of diverse communications experience. Julie worked in the Recruiting, Marketing, and Sustainable Development departments at College of Menominee Nation, at WFRV-TV Green Bay, and the Governors Public Relations Office at the Wisconsin State Capitol. She uses these experiences to lead the current marketing and communications efforts at CHS-Outreach.
In her free time, Julie enjoys traveling and spending time with family and friends—preferably outdoors.
- Member: Menominee Indian Community Engagement Group “Reducing Childhood Obesity and Teen Pregnancy,” 2011-2013
- Volunteer: Campus Grind Fair Trade Coffee Shop, 2013
- Advisor: College of Menominee Nation Health and Fitness Club, 2012-2013
- Volunteer, Nature Guide, and Counselor: Camp Bird for Lutherans, 2012, 2011, 2005
- Leader: Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper, 2012
- Leader: Fox Valley Technical College Leadership Seminar, 2010
- Member: UW-Madison Advertising Club, 2007-2009 – Member of Mini-Agency, 2008
- Liaison: Elected Sellery Hall Student Representative, 2006-2007 – Promote events and lead students in group activities
- Servant Leader: Servant Leadership Retreat, 2008
- Member: UW-Madison Women in Communications, 2006-2007
- Community Service Volunteer: Wisconsin Lutheran Chapel Youth Service Spring Break Trip, 2007
- Powwow Coordinator: American Indian Center of the Fox Valley, 2005 – Solicit funds, promote event, and complete tasks as assigned
- Volunteer: Goodwill Industries North Central Wisconsin Inc., 2003-2007 – Successfully secure monetary and in-kind donations and assist with grant writing and program development