Office of Student Affairs
Students are encouraged to meet with their advisor every semester to discuss current progress and future planning. To schedule an appointment, call (414) 229-2758 or visit Northwest Quadrant Building B, Room 6451 .
New students (freshmen) learn about enrollment when they attend New Student Orientation (NSO). Enrollment for these students is restricted until they have attended NSO.
Enrollment Timeline & Checklist
- In October/March, schedule an academic advising appointment with your advisor by calling (414) 229-2758 or visiting Northwest Quadrant Building B, Room 6451 .
- Prepare for your academic advising appointment by reviewing the curricular requirements for your major, preparing a list of courses you want/need to take, making a list of questions for your advisor, and reviewing the FAQs page of our website.
- Attend your scheduled academic advising appointment with your advisor and complete an academic planner. Bring a pen/pencil and paper to take notes.
- Approximately 2-3 weeks before priority enrollment begins (typically around October/March 30th), the Schedule of Classes for the coming semester is published.
- Review the Schedule of Classes to learn about when the courses your advisor recommended will occur and what options exist for electives and general education requirements.
- Approximately one week before priority enrollment begins (typically around November/April 10th), enrollment appointments and enrollment shopping carts are made visible in your student center on PAWS.
- Prior to your enrollment appointment, add to your enrollment shopping cart those courses your advisor recommended on the academic planner.
- Priority enrollment (enrollment by appointment) begins (typically around November/April 17th). After the date and time at which your enrollment appointment is scheduled, you are eligible to enroll in classes. Enrollment capacity in every class is limited, so enroll in classes as close to your enrollment appointment time as possible. Enrollment "how to" guides are available here.
- Approximately 3 weeks after priority enrollment began (typically around December/May 10), open enrollment begins (meaning any student who is eligible is now able to enroll). Enrollment appointment data is removed from your PAWS account, as all students are now able to make changes to their enrollment at any time.
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Planner
- Add/Drop Deadlines
- Registration Change Form (fillable)
- Declaration of Minor/Certificate
- Dept. of Enrollment Services
- Enrollment Appointments
- Enrollment "How To" Guides
- PAWS – Panther Academic Web Services
- Placement Exams
- Registrar's Calendar of Important Dates & Deadlines
- Schedule of Classes
- Transfer Wizard (UW System & Wisconsin Technical Colleges)
- Tuition Costs
- Wait Lists