Graduate Project Assistantships, 2015-2016The Division of Student Affairs is partnering with the School of Education to hire graduate project assistants. These assistantships are designed to prepare graduate students for professional positions in higher education. Graduate project assistants who work at least 50% time will receive tuition remission and a salary.
- Undergraduate Admissions Office - Daily Tour Program
- Career Development Center - Career Coach
- Career Development Center - Communications & Marketing
- Center for Community-Based Learning, Leadership & Research - Graduate Assistant
- Dean of Students Office - Conduct, Appeals, & Support
- Financial Aid Office - Customer Service
- Inclusive Excellence Center - First Generation Student Success
- Panther Academic Support Services - Graduate Assistant
- Student Success Center - Mentoring
- Student Success Center - Learning Communities
- Student Success Center - Success Coaching
How to Apply
- Resume (maximum length: 2 pages)
- Personal Statement (maximum length: 2 pages) Use 12 point, Times New Roman font with double spacing and 1-inch margins.Don’t forget to put your name on the paper! Please tell us about yourself, highlighting your life and collegiate experiences.Be sure to speak about your career goals and how you will be a good fit for a graduate project assistantship at UWM in the Division of Student Affairs.For each position that interests you, address what about the position appeals to you and what unique contribution(s) you bring.
- Preference Sheet (See attached)
- Three professional references (not letters of recommendation) All references must be from recent supervisors or faculty members. Please do not submit more than three. If you are considered for a position, your references will be contacted.
Please ensure that your name is written on ALL MATERIALS and submit all of your materials at the same time by March 6, 2015. Candidates interested in positions should hold Thursday, March 26th for our on-campus interview day.
Submit materials electronically, in one email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like more information about the selection process, please contact: Becky Freer, Division of Student Affairs, at 414-229-4632 or Bfreer@uwm.edu.
Please visit the Graduate School or School of Education for more information about our degree programs.