Lawton Scholars Grant
- Minority Wisconsin residents (African-American, American Indian, Latino, and South-East Asian i.e. Hmong, citizens or descendent of Laos, Cambodia or Viet Nam admitted to U.S. after December 31, 1975) who have completed 24 credits and have a cumulative GPA of 2.25 at UWM for the initial award.
- Award based on need.
- Requires full-time enrollment per semester and completion of 24 credits per academic year.
- Additional program requirements and complete of Lawton Qualtrics Survey:
- Take Econ 110 personal finance
- Complete 2 MAP Works surveys per semester
- Meet with academic advisor as well as Student Success mentor
- Participate in various programs/activities using UW Milwaukee PRIDE message as a guide. Points assigned for suggested activities but students also encouraged to seek other options in interest areas
- Submit electronic Portfolio at end of each semester documenting points earned each semester
- Eligible students will be contacted by the Financial Aid Office.
- Eligibility limited to 8 semesters.
- Initial award is $2,000 per academic year, with possible increase up to $4,000 based on GPA
- Must maintain cumulative GPA of 2.25 to be considered for continuing award.