Ask The Panther
Ask any financial aid question and get answers right away!
View top ten »

Tuition Assistance Grant


  • State grant for undergraduate Wisconsin residents who don't receive Wisconsin Higher Education Grant (WHEG)
  • FAFSA is required to determine eligibility.
  • Family income must be less than $60,000.
  • Must have unmet need.
  • Not be delinquent in payments of court-ordered child support and/or maintenance.


  • Amount tied to the Wisconsin Higher Education Grant (WHEG) minimum award.
  • Award is based on state funding and awarded for full-time or at least halftime.
  • Limited to 12 semesters.
  • Second degree and EDCS students are eligible.
  • Student must maintain continuous enrollment.
  • $764 award amount for Full-time students (12 credits or more) for the year.
  • $382 award amount for Half-time students (6-11 credits).
  • Often this award isn't offered until after the school year starts.