As Southeastern Wisconsin's largest university, UWM provides students with more than 150 academic programs, a wide range of research projects and many ways to broaden their education by getting involved with student organizations and volunteer opportunities.
The University's location in the state's business center also means many opportunities to explore possible careers through internships, clinical experiences and hands-on learning. The city provides a rich resource, and UWM's professors and other instructors frequently tap their own real life experiences to extend their students' learning beyond textbooks.
What Makes UWM UniqueA great Wisconsin university in the great Wisconsin city. It's a place to get a University of Wisconsin education while living in the cultural and commercial heart of the state.
- Location information: Great restaurants, great music, great art, great fun, even a Great Lake — Milwaukee has it all.
- Degrees: A guide to the majors offered at UWM and the careers they match.
- Honors College: Our distinctive "college within a college" that offers the benefits of a small liberal arts institution with the resources of a major research university.
- Non-degree programs: A guide to the non-degree programs offered at UWM.
- Access to Success: We're committed to student success. Here are the resources that prove it.
- International Education: Nationally-recognized academic and research programs supporting student and faculty international learning, including the US' first pre-professional BA in Global Studies.
ResearchAt UWM, research means impact — making a difference in your life, and the life of the city, the region and the world.
Key FactsUWM — by the numbers.
Financial InformationInformation on costs, and how and when to pay for your education.
Important Dates and DeadlinesAdmission deadlines.