/Users/tgrenke/Desktop/side pics/currentregister_3pics
College Credits

If you were previously a non-degree or special student, we want to alert you to some possible options for college credit. If you entered as a degree student and are now returning, it never hurts to be reminded of these options!

Advanced PlacementIf you completed an Advanced Placement (AP) class and you chose to take AP examinations, or did take them when you were in high school, you may be able to receive college credit for a satisfactory AP test score. UWM will grant college credit for satisfactory scores if you enroll at UWM as degree candidate and submit official score reports to:

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Department of Enrollment Services
P.O. Box 749
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0749

We will not accept scores printed on transcripts from other colleges and universities. We only accept the offical advanced placement report.

International Baccalaureate (IB)If you are enrolled in a school that offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, and you take IB examinations, or did take them when you were in high school, UWM may award college credit if you enroll as a degree candidate.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)Credits may be earned for some college level courses through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). Recent high school graduates may benefit from these tests. The UWM Testing Center administers CLEP exams, please contact them with more questions at 414-229-4689.

Retroactive Credit for Foreign Language First complete the foreign language placement tests. Then consult with your advisor about what foreign language course to take. You may have scored well enough on the foreign language placement test to place into an advanced level. After you complete that first foreign language class with a B or better, you could receive retroactive credit for the college classes you skipped. In other words, you may be granted college credit for foreign language courses up through the first foreign language course that you completed at UWM. For more information, please ask your academic advisor.

Credit EvaluationsIf you have earned credits at an accredited institution(s), the Admissions Office, in cooperation with the school/college to which you applied, will examine your transcripts to determine how external courses equate to UWM courses and how they may apply toward program requirements.