Cambridge Commons, Purin, RiverView and Sandburg Halls will close at 6 PM on Saturday, May 18, 2013.
- Residents must sign up for a checkout time by May 6th.
Failure to do any of the following may result in an improper checkout charge of $75.00:
- Sign up for a checkout appointment
- Show up on-time for checkout appointment
- Checkout with an RA
Follow these 5 steps to have a "proper" check-out: (failure to follow all steps may result in an improper checkout charge of $75.00).
- Sign up for a check out time with your RA by May 6th.
- Clean your room and suite (follow the checklist below)
- Complete your forwarding address information on myHousing, empty your mailbox and pick up your packages.
- Show up on time for your check-out appointment with your RA.
- Enjoy your summer! See you in the Fall!
Your room must be in the condition it was in when you checked in. To avoid possible damage or cleaning charges, make sure the following are taken care of:
- All of your belongings are out of the room. (doublecheck dressers, desk, closet, drawers, bathroom, and behind and under furniture).
- Desks, dressers and shelves are dusted and disinfected.
- Room and suite hallway have been vacuumed and/or swept.
- Everything has been removed from the walls, doors and windows and sticker residue has been removed.
- All lofts are taken down and loft pieces placed underneath the bed.
- ALL trash cans in the suite and bedrooms have been emptied and washed out.
- Your shower has been scrubbed clean.
- Bathroom sink and vanity have been cleaned and disinfected.
- Bathroom floor has been swept and mopped.
- Toilet has been cleaned and disinfected.
- Each person in suite has emptied their mailbox, updated forwarding address information on myHousing, and picked up all packages.
For Cambridge Commons/East Tower/Purin Hall:
- Refrigerators and freezers have been emptied and cleaned out.
- Microwaves and microwave plates are clean (where present in suites).
- Stove top in suite has been wiped clean (where present in suites).
Guest Entry and Registration
ALL guests and residents must wear the disposable bracelet received at Guest Registration to gain entry into the building during closing hours.
- Overnight/Guest permits will not be sold after Monday, May 13.
- Designated "Loading Zones" will be marked at each building and will be available Tuesday, May 14-Saturday, May 18. These spaces are for loading vehicles only.
- Trailers of any kind are not allowed in any parking structure.
- Parking Level Doors (Sandburg) will only be open from 9AM-7PM, starting Tuesday, May 14.
Donate any unwanted food/clothing/furniture to the donation bins located in each building. Donations benefit the United Way.