HRS News & Announcements
You can also email or call the HR, Benefits, and Payroll offices directly. Messages sent to our office e-mail address are received by staff in all three departments, and phone calls will be forwarded to the appropriate specialist.
- Email: email@example.com
- HR Main Phone Number: 229-4463
- Benefits Front Desk: 229-5353
- Payroll Front Desk: 229-5804
What is happening?
Starting on October 29th, 2013 UWM HRS Core users will be required to utilize a One Time Password (OTP) or Multi-Factor Authentication in combination with an ePantherID and password when logging into HRS.
Why is this occurring?
UW-System has developed a stronger method for users to sign into or login to UW-System applications that store and process restricted and sensitive data. You have been identified as an HRS Core User that has access to other people's restricted and sensitive data. This type of access in HRS will require you to use a One Time Password (OTP) device beginning on October 29, 2013.
What do you need to do?
- Go to the UW Digital ID website https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu and request a OTP device. You will have two options for an OTP device: a hardware key fob or a smartphone application.
- Stop in at one of the following walk-in sessions, held in Engelmann Hall 122-124, to pick up and register your OTP device. No appointment necessary.
NOTE: You will need to complete a request for an OTP device prior to picking up/registering your OTP device. (See Step #1 above.) You will also need to bring two forms of identification. One must be your UWM Campus ID Card. A current Drivers License, UWM Campus ID Card, Military ID, and Passport are acceptable forms of identification.
What happens if I cannot attend one of the walk-in sessions?
- Wednesday, October 16th, 11:30-3:30
- Thursday, October 17th, 8:30-3:30
- Friday, October 18th, 8:30-3:30
- Monday, October 21st, 8:30-3:30
- Thursday, October 24th 8:30-3:30
- Monday, October 28th, 8:30-3:30
You will need to schedule an appointment for either Tuesday, October 22nd, Wednesday, October 23rd, or Friday, October 25th with a Local Registration Authority (LRA) who can issue an OTP device.
For more information regarding the Multi-Factor Implementation, please visit: http://www4.uwm.edu/iam/services/uw-system-digital-id.cfm or UWM HRS Security web page: http://www4.uwm.edu/hr/hrs/pro/security/index.cfm .
- LRA contact information will be displayed when you request an OTP device via the UW Digital ID web application (https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu).
- Again, please don't forget your two forms of ID (Drivers License, UWM Campus ID, Passport or Military ID).
Additionally this topic will be discussed in more detail at the HRS Open Forum held on October 18, 2013 from 9:30am-11:00am in Curtin Hall 175, please see for agenda and materials: http://www4.uwm.edu/hr/hrs/pro/#fora.
As the My UW System portal marks its third anniversary of providing employees with online access to payroll, leave and benefits information, we are pleased to announce the addition of new features. On August 13, the portal will expand to include a new Employee Resources tab with a web conferencing tool (Blackboard Collaborate) and a UW System News Feed.
Employees logging into the portal will continue to see their default Work Record tab. The Employee Resources tab will include the new features and some content moved from the Work Record tab. The Work Record tab will continue to include the following modules:
- HR, Benefit and Payroll News
- Manager Time and Approval
- Time and Absence
- Payroll Information
- Benefit Information
- Personal Information
- Benefit and Payroll Resources (formerly Employee Resources)
- UW System Career Opportunities
The new Employee Resources tab will include the following modules:
- UW System News and Clipsheet
- Web Conferencing
- University Personnel Systems Development
- Help with My UW
- My Bookmarks
To utilize the new and improved resources available through the My UW System Portal, visit https://my.wisconsin.edu/
To provide your feedback or suggestions, visit https://my.wisconsin.edu/portal/p/feedback