The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (“UWM”) strives to provide a safe and secure learning and working environment for everyone involved in university activities. Children come into contact with UWM employees through various programs, camps, and events. On Dec. 19, 2011, the Governor signed Executive Order #54, which requires that all University of Wisconsin System employees must report incidents of child abuse and neglect.
UWM Child Abuse Brochure
Those that complete the training will receive an electronic certificate via email once the training has been completed.
UWM ContactFor General Questions
- Contact one of the following co-chairs of the Executive Order #54 working group:
Kelly HaagOffice of Legal Affairs
- Questions involving a legal interpretation should be directed to the Office of Legal Affairs: (414)229-4278.To Report Abuse Connected with UWM:
- Contact your Dean, Director or Division Head (or) the Office of Equity and Diversity Services
- You’re protected from liability if you make a report in good faith.
- If the abuse or neglect occurs in connection with a UWM activity or at UWM, you must also report it to a Dean, Director, or Division Head (though you may seek assistance from a supervisor).
- Training on the particulars will be made available soon (online for all employees, in-person upon request).