University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
January 24, 2012
UPS Communications Plan
In accordance with the UW System’s Communication Plan for the University Personnel Systems (document dated January 18, 2012; posted at http://web.uwsa.edu/personnelsystems/), the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee adopts and will follow the UW System Communications Plan, and will do the following:
- On January 27, 2012, the Department of Human Resources (HR) will publish a section on its main web page about UPS. The site will include background information and a link to the UWSA web site about UPS.
- At least bi-weekly, HR will send mass email messages to the relevant campus populations based on regular information provided to the UPS Steering Group; this is the model of communication plan used in HRS.
- UWM’s representatives from the Task Force, Steering Committee, and Work Groups will visit various campus groups to provide regular updates. Examples are updates to the Academic Staff Committee, Academic Staff Senate, Chancellor’s Cabinet, Classified Advisory Board, Graduate Assistant Advisory Board, and University Committee and Faculty Senate.
- HR will provide updates in communication venues that it typically uses to provide information: HR newsletter, PREP meetings, UBR meetings, etc.
- UWM’s representatives from the Task Force, Steering Committee, and Work Groups will visit with groups that request an update. Requests for updates can be made to:
- Throughout the period leading up to the implementation of UPS on July 1, 2013, there will be instances in which input is sought from campus groups. This will include seeking input from campus groups including Academic Staff Committee, Academic Staff Senate, Chancellor’s Cabinet, Classified Advisory Board, Deans Advisory Council, Faculty Senate, Graduate Assistant Advisory Board, University Committee, PREPs, UBRs, and staff who perform personnel work in departments and units.