Requesting a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT
Individuals may be issued a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT at the request of a sponsor. The sponsor must have an active,non-student employment appointment with the institution.Individuals may include visiting scholars, unpaid interns, volunteers, consultants or non-employees who serve in some capacity for a sponsoring department. They may also include non-UWM students or program participants such as Upward Bound or Pre-College.
Sponsored ePantherACCOUNTsmust be re-validated by the sponsor at least annually. Failure to re-validate a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT will result in the loss of access and possible loss of data contained in services accessed using the account. Unless otherwise arranged by the sponsor with the IAM Team, sponsored ePantherACCOUNTs will be re-validated at the end of each fall semester.
ProcedureThe procedure used to request a Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT can vary depending on the services that the individual needs to access. The sponsor must have the following information before requesting a sponsored account:
- Legal name of the individual
- Date of birth of the individual
- Indication if the individual was a former student or employee of UWM
- Previous name if the individual was a former student or employee of UWM
- The Sponsored ePantherACCOUNT Request Formis for departmental use, only to collect and process these requests for guests of sponsors.
- Please use the Instructor Set Up Form for new instructor requests.
- Please see the Obtaining Sponsored Wireless Access Page for Sponsored WIRELESS access.
- Employee or Student requests will be denied:
- UWM campus computing accounts can only be provisioned for formally verified users. Accordingly, before a request for a new employee account can be implemented, all HR forms and paperwork must be: (1) completed; (2) approved by the Personnel Representative (PREP) of the prospective account holder's division (school, college, or administrative department); and (3) entered by the UWM Campus' Department of Human Resources. This process is necessary to ensure the security of vital campus systems and to prevent unintended user account duplication. Please contact your division’s Personnel Representative for further information.
- PREPs or authorized individuals may submit Sponsored Guest Account requests for new employees if paperwork is delayed. The IAM Team will create accounts one (1) week prior to the individuals start date. The account will expire after two (2) weeks if the paperwork is not submitted/completed.
- Student requests must go through the Registrar's Office.