Related Research Facilities
- Research Centers and Facilities
- American Geographical Society (AGS) Library
- Cartography and Geographic Information Science Center
- Center for Advanced Spatial Information Research
- Brownfields Research Consortium
- Center for Economic Development
- Center for Great Lakes Studies (part of the Great Lakes WATER Institute)
- Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Center for Urban Initiatives and Research
- Center for Urban Transportation Studies
- Center for Women's Studies
- Institute for Survey and Policy Research
- Center for International Education
Present facilities associated with the Department of Geography include the large James John Flannery, Sr. Map Collection, which is now a part of the AGS Library; the independently administered Cartography and Geographic Information Science Center, and a Soils and Physical Geography Laboratory.
Micro computer facilities used by the Geography Department for instruction include two PC/Windows workstation labs. Software installed in these labs includes Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, Mapping, Illustration, Photo Editing, Desktop Publishing, Statistical, Database Management, and Word Processing packages. Several university DEC alphas, other microcomputer laboratories, and multimedia facilities are also available for graduate student research.
Other research resources at UWM available to the Geography Department staff and students include the Great Lakes WATER Institute, the Center for Urban Initiatives and Research, the Center for Latin America, the Center for International Education, the Center for Urban Transportation Studies, the Center for Women's Studies, the Institute for Survey and Policy Research, and Information & Media Technologies.
To learn more about any of these facilities, please make a selection from the list above.