Students must complete an internship to earn the M.A. or the Graduate Certificate in Translation. The internship is adaptable to students’ professional goals, which enables them to put their training into practice while gaining valuable work experience.
Both the career goals of the student and the language needs of the host site are taken into account when designing an internship. Our interns have partnered with local, national, and international organizations, including:
- translation agencies and freelance translators.
- governmental agencies and social service providers.
- hospitals and health care providers.
- companies with non-English-speaking clients and partners.
- research institutes and museums.
- legal clinics and law firms.
- other organizations in need of language services.
If your organization would like to learn more about hosting a translation or interpreting intern, please e-mail internship coordinator Kate Scholz (email@example.com).