Donations of Materials to the UWM Libraries
The Libraries welcome gifts of academic books and journals to augment our collections. These donations are retained at the Libraries' discretion; some important items are added even if the Libraries already have a copy. Other items are given to the Friends of the Golda Meir Library for its book sales. The proceeds from the sales supplement the Libraries' acquisition funds. Below are guidelines to consider before donating materials.
We welcome the following types of materials for addition to our collection:
- Scholarly books in any area of UWM's curriculum or research;
- Musical scores;
- CDs, DVDs, and other formats.
- Some children's books and K-12 textbooks.
We accept materials of general interest on behalf of the Friends of the Golda Meir Library for its booksales.
The following are examples of material generally not accepted by the Libraries:
- Issues of periodicals or journals;
- Newspapers and magazines;
- Books in poor physical condition;
- Heavily marked up books.
Janet G. Padway
Assistant Director of Libraries
Collection & Resource Management Division
Information concerning Tax Issues.