Wisconsin Covenant Scholars
Enrollment: You must be a Wisconsin Covenant Scholar to enroll in this LLC.
Great Choice for You If:
- You’re interested in service, building leadership skills, and exploring networking and relationship development.
- You want to make a difference in your community, life and future professional career.
The purpose of the Wisconsin Covenant Scholars LLC is to help students develop leadership skills through participation in campus activities, community service opportunities, peer, and co-curricular interactions. We want Covenant Scholars to develop a sense of belonging to the university through these types of connections. We believe that students that are engaged in a variety of activities while in school can and will experience higher academic achievement and a higher level of satisfaction.
- Participating in the Student Leadership RETREAT
- Attending quarterly TEAM meetings, and going on field trips and service learning activities
- Fall Semester: Ed Pol 315: Group Process & Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- Spring Semester: Ed Pol 202: Community Service Volunteer (3 credits)
In Their Own Words:
Alberto Maldonado, LLC Coordinator:
“Your college years will be one of the most rewarding and memorable times of your life. At times it will also be a challenging experience requiring you to exercise self discipline and responsibility. While you will always have the support of your friends, family and your peers, becoming part of the Wisconsin Covenant Scholars community could provide an additional level of personal satisfaction worth considering. By participating in the WC Scholars Living Learning Community you will have the chance to get involved on campus, the community and gain leadership experience. You will also be able to broaden your social circle to ease transition to college, and enhance the connections to your own learning process"
Last Updated: 11/16/2012