Department of Art & Design
Make and think art. Study ceramics or design & visual communication or fibers or art education. Work side-by-side with faculty who are expert painters, photographers, printers and ceramicists.
As a student in the Peck School's Art & Design department, you'll get the skills and experience you need to launch your career in visual communications.
- Art & Design Alum - FEATURED ARTIST: Diana M. Sanchez | Chimera
- INOVA - MKE This Week: Celebrating the Past in the Present
- Art & Design Faculty - Meaning Motion in Johannesburg
- Art & Design Student - Melissa Taylor receives research grant for Plated Pear mobile app
- INOVA - Art critic Lori Waxman gives her reviews in public
Creation of the Chancellor's Medallion
At the request of new UWM Chancellor Michael R. Lovell, Art & Design faculty and students from the Peck School of the Arts designed and created the Chancellor's Medallion, which will be unveiled at his Oct. 14, 2011 Inauguration. The artists, determined to get away from a "ceremonial object that has no relevance," spent months crafting a piece inspired by UWM, Milwaukee's industrial past, and Lovell's own engineering background. This is what they came up with.
Jun 07 / Martha Wilson Exhibit
Sep 10 / DesignTalk Lecture Series
Sep 18 / Artists Now: Renee Zettle-Sterling