Policies & Forms
Membership Handbook (.pdf)
Locker Room Policies (.pdf)
Weight Room Chalk Policy (.pdf)
Refund Policy (.pdf)
General Building Rules
- Children under 18 years of age are not allowed into the facilities except during sponsored programs or events.
- Facility users are required to show a current UWM picture ID card or Department of Recreational Sports & Facilities membership card to access the facilities. Users may also use the hand scanning stations to gain entrance into the facilities.
- Acceptable rules of conduct must be observed at all times (subject to supervisor's discretion).
- Violation of rules included here or of other posted policies, any disorderly conduct, lewd or lascivioius behavior, or other inappropriate behavior, including verbal or physical abuse of an employee or other user, will result in immediate removal from center with possible loss of building priviledges.
- Persons using the facilities must wear appropriate activity attire. Acceptable attire is held at the discretion of University Recreation. Please ashere to the dress code or you will be asked to change into proper/acceptable attire or leave the activity area. T-shirts are available for daily check-out at the UREC Equipment Room.
- Acceptable Tops: A shirt that reaches top of shorts/pants
- Additional Rules for the Weight Room, Cardio Room, and Track Cardio Equipment to be Fully Enforced Starting September 15, 2014: Shirt must have sleeves (t-shirt) and must fully cover the back, shoulders, chest, stomach and sides. This dress code is enforced to create a welcoming and inclusive environment, to prevent disease transmission and to prolong the quality and life of the equipment. Using closthing as a barrier between an individual and ﬁtness equipment reduces the chances of acquiring an illness or infection (such as MRSA), and also protects the equipment from degradation from sweat and body oil.
- Acceptable Bottoms: Athletic pants, shorts of a modest lenght which fully cover the backside
- Acceptable Shoes: Non-marking rubber soled, closed toe/heel athltic shoes; ﬁve ﬁnger shoes
- Proper swim attire must be worn in the pool.
- Persons using the facilities must wear gym shoes and appropriate activity attire. Normal street shoes and clothes are unacceptable. Dark-soled athletic shoes are allowed in the track area and weight room only.
- No bicycles are allowed iin the building. Bike racks are provided on the West Side of the building.
- Department of University Recreation staff must approve posters for facility bulletin boards.
- The following equipment/activities are not permitted during open recreation or unused reserved athletic times: Archery, Badminton, Football, LaCrosse, Baseball, Golf, Rugby, Soccer, Softball and Frisbee. Hacky sac is permitted under the following circumstances:
- Allowed only at the discretion of the supervisor on duty
- The activity listed is performed on arena court numbers 2 or 5.
- Not allowed on the track area outside the netting area when there are runners on the track.
- Everyone must be out the building 20 minutes after all activity areas have closed individuals who abuse this policy may be subject to loasing building privileges.
- NO FOOD, CHEWING GUM, SMOKING, CHEWING TOBACCO, OR ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE FACILITIES.
- Drinks/liquids are premitted ONLY if they are in a covered container. NO GLASS or CANS.
- No skateboards, roller skates, or roller blades.
- No loitering.
- The use of video or photo equipment in the facility is strictly prohibited without prior approval from an administrative staff member. Individuals being videotaped must give written consent prior to being videotaped.
- Personal audio devices may only be used with headphones.
- No sport activities or bouncing balls in the hallways.
- The on duty supervisors have full authority to ask participants to leave the facility if their conduct necessitates such action (i.e. breaking the rules). Should you ever need to file a complaint concerning an employee of the facilities, please report your concern to the director (414) 229-3809.
- Any person attempting to obtain illigal entry will be denied any form of entry to the building for at least a day, regardless of a valid student or membership ID being presented.
- Any person assisting an individual to illegaly enter the facilities will also be denied entry for that day. Student ID/membership cards will be confiscated if used improperly.
Activities or behavior not covered in the Membership Handbook will be interpreted at the management's discretion. In the absence of an Administrative Staff Member, the Building Supervisor will make all interpretations.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is not responsible for injuries sustained, or the loss of personal posessions by members, guests, or observers of the facilities.