Graduate Certificate in Support Services for
Online Students in Higher Education
This graduate certificate program offers a unique opportunity for professionals interested in online student support in higher education. Prospective professionals venturing into today's higher education environment would benefit from an understanding of teaching and learning and student support service theory, research, and effective practice.
Successful professionals require many tools to educate, motivate, and support online students, as well as the wisdom to know when and how to apply those tools. This wisdom comes from a critical, reflective understanding of the research and theory behind teaching, learning, and student support. The 15-credit certificate program draws upon innovative theoretical and practical insights from Adult Education and Higher Education.
Why You Should Apply
• LEARN theory and practice utilizing technology to bring essential student service support to online students.
• PURSUE professional development in the vital area of student support in the fastest growing area of higher education.
• GAIN important knowledge and skill-sets to recruit and retain online students.
• Applicants must have completed a bachelor's degree prior to admission, must have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average, and must declare their intent to pursue the certificate before completion of six credits in the certificate sequence.
• Applicants with a graduate degree must have a minimum 3.00 graduate grade point average.
• Applicants not already admitted to the Graduate School must complete the UW System Online Admission Application. Select "Graduate courses for personal/professional enrichment" as your reason for applying.
If you are interested in applying for this program, or would like to get more information, please let us know by filling out the Declaration Form.
Simone C.O. Conceição, Ph.D., Professor, Program Coordinator