Urban Teacher World-Milwaukee (UTWM) is a ten-day pre-college summer day program that explores careers in education.
UTWM provides students the opportunity to learn about the many professions within the field of education and to accomplish this; we have developed a two week program that includes a reading project and a video production. Educational field trips have also been tentatively scheduled to such places as the Milwaukee Public Museum, Discovery World, and a cruise on the Milwaukee River. Students who successfully complete this program will be eligible to receive up to $300 at the end of the program (the program brochure states $500 but the amount has been changed to $300).
The 2012 UTWM program will not be offered during 2012.
We anticipate offering it again during the Summer of 2013.
Program Eligibility and Requirements
- All participants must be eligible for free or reduced meals
- All participants must complete the UTWM Interest Form
- All students must submit a one page typed, doubled spaced answer to the following: One of the goals of the Urban Teacher World is for students to learn more about potential careers in education. Please review the enclosed flyer and tell us (1) what career (or careers) interests you and (2) why is the career (or careers) is of interest to you.
- Along with the essay, students must submit a completed Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Pre-College Scholarship Application, which must be signed by a parent or legal guardian, and by your high school Guidance Counselor
- A copy of your current high school transcripts
Deadline: The 2012 UTWM Program will not be offered during 2012. We anticipate offering it again during the Summer of 2013.